Monday, April 9, 2012
While watching the men's basketball finals I was trying to find someone who I thought would be a good example of someone in peak performance. I am not a huge basketball fan, so I don't know all that much about the game, but I do understand what it means to hit peak performance. Throughout the game I noticed that a few of the players on each team seemed to be in flow. Davis and Thompson seemed to be in flow. They were completely concentrated on the tasks at hand, they seemed to have complete control, they seemed to be doing the right things at the right times, and taking risks at the right times to help their teams score points. I was impressed at how both of these athletes were able to remain so focused in a time where I am sure that their adrenaline was trying to take over. Not many athletes get to compete at such a high level and I know that it would be hard to control the nerves and the excitement that they had to have been feeling. Even though I don't think Davis or Thompson reached peak performance, they both set tournament records during the final game. I think that both of the players should great focus throughout the game and did not let too many of the outside distractions affect them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment