Tuesday, March 20, 2012

This weekend I coached my girls last volleyball tournament ( they are all 16/15 years old). We travelled 3 hours away to Oxford, NC for our last tournament of the season. Our previous tournaments we had struggled due to different factors such as not having all of the players there, injury, lack of team morale, etc. I could tell on Saturday morning when I walked into the gym that my girls were ready to play. We had a good warm-up and everyone seemed to be awake. We ended up playing the team that won the tournament, so needless to say we ended up losing. As a coach, this was hard to watch because I could tell that the girls really wanted to win. Throughout the season I tried to equip them with the skills they needed to have in order to be successful and I told them that this tournament was going to be the time to put those skills to use one last time. It was hard to sit back and watch the girls battle all day to win a game and only come out with one win. As a coach I was extremely proud of all they had accomplished this season and I am just hoping that they carry the lessons they learned from me on into their playing careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment